Microsoft has recently published updated Office 365 Service Descriptions at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=6c6ecc6c-64f5-490a-bca3-8835c9a4a2ea.
The SharePoint Online service description contains some interesting information, some of which I did not know yet. We typically receive a lot of questions about SharePoint online and storage. The list below summarizes the storage related features:
- The storage pool starts at 10GB with 500MB of extra storage per user account (talking about enterprise user accounts here).
- Maximum amount of storage is 5TB.
- File upload limit is 250MB.
- Storage can be allocated to a maximum of 300 site collections. The maximum amount of storage for a site collection is 100GB.
- My Sites are available and each My Site is set at 500MB (this is not the 500MB noted above, in essence this is extra storage for each user’s personal data).
- A My Site is not counted as a site collection. In other words, you can have 300 normal site collections and many more My Sites.
- Extra storage can be purchased (as before) at $2,5USD/GB per month.
When it comes to external users (for extranet scenarios), the document states that final cost information is not available yet. It is the intention of Microsoft to sell these licenses in packs.
Check out the SharePoint Online service description for full details.